Two Thursdays ago I spent some precious knitting time threading the partially finished blue blanket onto crochet thread and putting it into a lingerie bag and through the washing machine on gentle cycle. I had to do this because the cranky old man barfed on the blanket when it was sitting on the coffee table. And of course he did it right after I joined a new ball of cotton yarn, which I had to cut, and now I'll have to rejoin.
A couple of good things came of it, though: I found out that the yarn stands up to washing pretty well, and I got to look at the blanket fully stretched out and measure it. Right now it's 36 inches across. It looks like I've been increasing too much, because the edges don't lie flat. I hope that means I can just work even for several rounds.
I'm about ready to pick it up again; for the past couple of weeks I've been working on a knitting pattern to submit to the e-zines. Wish me luck.