Not that you were holding your breath, but here are the pics I was struggling with yesterday. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have been dallying. There have been dalliances with types of yarn that I ordinarily shun, like ribbbon in variegated colors.
I was intrigued by the Frutti tank top in Knit 'n' Style (terrible name for a magazine, dated page design, awful photography). And I thought it would work with the Bandeau that I got at ArtFibers when I returned some leftover Kyoto when I finished the very long scarf. Kira charmingly kept a straight face when I said I wanted to "step outside my comfort zone" and experiment with ribbon yarn for a change. Having made the swatch, and bought size 10.5 dpns for the I-cord straps, I decided the top would look terrible on me, even if I did make it long enough to reach my waist. I dropped by ArtFibers last week to see if another yarn would work better -- hence the smaller swatch in another yarn whose name I forget. What's left of the emerald-green Bandeau is going to be a ribbed hairband, and I'm going to leave the ribbon yarn alone, henceforth.
I also finished a second item to send to F.I.R.E. -- a hat made out of stash yarn. I bought the yarn to make a baby jacket that was never finished. I'm going to the original intended recipient's 11th birthday party next month. The decreases are a little kludgey, but I think it's cute.
And the baby pants are seamed and drawstringed. They turned out OK for a first try, but I'm not sure I'm going to repeat the experiment. And I'm not crazy about the Lamb's Pride Superwash worsted-weight I used. It wasn't very soft, or very tightly twisted. The plies kept coming unraveled. But I hope it will be sturdy enough to be worn a lot. I'll deliver these next week, when I see mom and baby.
I've also been working on the hood for the baby hoodie pullover. Rather than just knitting a rectangle and sewing it together, I decided to make a point at the tip of the hood, so now I'm doing endless increases in garter stitch.
There are a few other things in the project basket, but they're mostly being ignored for the moment.